Vice President Leni Robredo on Friday took a dig at the Palace for dragging her daughters into the issue of #NasaanAngPangulo.
“Now they are bullying my children,” she said in Tagalog on her Facebook post.
“I have always been proud of the persons my daughters have become. They are their own persons. What they have accomplished, so far, are all borne out of their hard work. They never used our name or whatever little influence we have to get what they want,” she said.
Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque, during Thursday’s media briefing, said President Rodrigo Duterte’s rants against Robredo had basis, and that the Palace saw no reason for the President to apologize to her.
Roque mentioned the Vice President’s tweets and those of her daughters, even if those posts never mentioned Duterte.
“Totoo (It’s true), they’re outspoken and rightfully so. We have trained them to stand up for themselves and what they believe in,” Robredo said.
“They’re all adults now. They’re not in government. They are not politicians and they don’t plan to be,” she added.
The Vice President’s spokesperson, Barry Gutierrez, also said in a Twitter post: “Good Lord, 69 Filipinos killed, 325,000 displaced, over P1.5B in damages,(sic) and this administration is now spending it’s (sic) time analyzing TWEETS by VP Leni’s daughters.“.