spot_img
28.9 C
Philippines
Sunday, June 16, 2024

Co-accused in Vhong Navarro case cannot leave the country, says BI

- Advertisement -

Ferdinand Guerrero, one of the co-accused in the serious illegal detention case filed by TV host and actor Vhong Navarro, cannot leave the country because he has a “derogatory record” under the Bureau of Immigration (BI).

The BI’s records revealed that Guerrero has an active alert list order, stemming from a warrant of arrest issued by the Regional Trial Court in Pasig last April 2014.

BI Chief Norman Tansingco said that should Guerrero be encountered at any port, he will be turned over to the police who shall serve the said warrant.

Apart from the alert list, Guerrero is also the subject of an active immigration lookout bulletin, also issued in 2014.

“So far we have no record of any recent travel,. Any future attempts to depart will be stopped as his name is already in our records,” he added.

Guerrero is one of the 4 convicted in the case filed by Navarro.  A ruling by the Taguig Regional Trial Court released last May 2 revealed that Guerrero, together with Cedric Lee, Deniece Cornejo, and Simeon Raz were all found guilty to the charges pressed against them.

Only Guerrero remains at large.

The incident stemmed from a 2014 incident wherein Navarro accused Guerrero and his companions of mauling him and threatening to kill him. 

LATEST NEWS

Popular Articles