The Philippine government on Tuesday condemned another attack carried out near the Finsbury Park mosque in London, adding that such action is against the shared values of the Philippines and the United Kingdom.
In a statement, Department of Foreign Affairs also said that there is so far no Filipino had been injured from the attack that killed one individual and injured 10 others.
“The DFA condemns the attack… the appalling attack stands against the shared values of the Philippines and the UK as peace-loving and tolerant societies that respect all religions,” the foreign affairs department said.
On Monday, a van plowed into a group of pedestrians near London’s Finsbury Park Mosque which police later described as “quite clearly an attack on Muslims”.
The Philippines also extended its condolences and sympathy to the family of the victims.
The DFA also said that the Philippine Embassy in London is ready to offer assistance in case there is a Filipino affected by the attack and called on members of the Filipino community in the area to reach out and provide the Philippine government any information about their fellow countrymen who are possibly affected by the attack.
“So far there are no Filipino victims,” the DFA noted, adding that the embassy in U.K. is still monitoring the incident.
The Philippines also reaffirmed its solidarity with the U.K. in fight against terrorism.
The attack is the fourth terror strike in the U.K. in the last four months. It is also the third major incident in London this month, after the London Bridge attack and last week’s massive fire that engulfed the Grenfell Tower block, killing 79, with scores missing who may have already died.