The areas of Camarines Norte and the Pollillo Islands were placed under Signal No. 3 as Tropical Cyclone Karding rapidly intensified into a typhoon, state weather bureau PAGASA said yesterday evening.
In its 8 p.m. bulletin, PAGASA said Typhoon Karding was 490 kms east of Baler, Aurora.
It had sustained maximum winds of 120 km/h near the center, and gustiness of up to 150 km/h.
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) Operations Center has been on “red alert” since Friday night.
‘karding…The NDRRMC also activated its Emergency Operations Center (EOC) management team on Saturday.
The Department of the Interior and Local Government, meanwhile, sent out advisories to affected local governments for preemptive evacuations of communities in high-risk areas.
Quick Response Funds worth P517.03 million are on standby at the Department of Social Welfare and Development.
Also prepositioned are 542,950 family food packs worth P323.84 million and another P674.39 million worth of other food items.
Signal No. 3 was raised over the following areas:
• Northern portion of Camarines Norte (Vinzons); and
• the eastern portion of Polillo Islands (Kalongkooan Is., Kalotkot Is., Patnanungan Is., and Jomalig Is.).
Under Signal No. 2 are:
• The southern portion of Isabela (Dinapigue, San Guillermo, Jones, San Agustin, Echague, San Mariano),
• The central and southeastern portions of Nueva Vizcaya (Alfonso Castaneda, Dupax del Sur, Aritao, Santa Fe, Bambang, Dupax del Norte, Kasibu, Quezon, Bayombong, Diadi),
• Nueva Ecija,
• The eastern portion of Tarlac (Concepcion, La Paz, Victoria, Pura, Ramos, Anao, San Manuel, Moncada, Paniqui, Gerona, City of Tarlac),
• The eastern portion of Pampanga (Apalit, San Simon, San Luis, Candaba, Santa Ana, Arayat, Magalang),
• Metro Manila
• The northern and central portions of Quezon (General Nakar, Infanta, Real, Mauban, Calauag, Perez, Alabat, Quezon, Tagkawayan, Guinayangan, Sampaloc, Lucban, City of Tayabas, Lucena City, Pagbilao, Padre Burgos, Atimonan, Agdangan, Unisan, Plaridel, Gumaca, Lopez, Pitogo) including the rest of Polillo Islands,
• The northern and central portions of Laguna (Santa Maria, Siniloan, Famy, Mabitac, Pakil, Pangil, Paete, Kalayaan, Lumban, Cavinti, Santa Cruz, Pagsanjan, Magdalena, Luisiana, Majayjay, Liliw, Pila, Victoria, Nagcarlan, Bay, Los Baños, City of Calamba, City of Santa Rosa, City of Biñan, City of San Pedro, Cabuyao City, Rizal, Calauan),
• The northeastern portion of Cavite (Bacoor City, Kawit, Imus City, City of Dasmariñas, Carmona, Gen. Mariano Alvarez, Cavite City),
• Rizal, the eastern portion of Pangasinan (Umingan, Bautista, Alcala, Rosales, Balungao, Santa Maria, San Quintin, Natividad, Tayug, Asingan, San Nicolas, San Manuel, Santo Tomas, Bayambang, Malasiqui, Villasis, City of Urdaneta, Binalonan, Laoac, Sison, Pozorrubio),
• The northern portion of Camarines Sur (Del Gallego, Ragay, Lupi, Sipocot, Siruma, Lagonoy, Garchitorena, Caramoan, Tinambac, Presentacion, San Jose, Goa, Cabusao, Libmanan, Calabanga, Bombon, Magarao),
• The northern and central portions of Catanduanes (Caramoran, Pandan, Bagamanoc, Panganiban, Viga, San Miguel, Baras, Gigmoto, San Andres),
• and the rest of Camarines Norte
Under Signal No. 1 are:
• The southern portion of Cagayan (Peñablanca, Iguig, Tuguegarao City, Enrile, Solana, Tuao, Piat, Amulung, Rizal),
• The rest of Isabela,
• The rest of Nueva Vizcaya, the southern portion of Apayao (Conner),
• Mountain Province,
• southern Ilocos Norte (Nueva Era, Badoc, Pinili, Banna, City of Batac, Currimao, Paoay, Marcos),
• Ilocos Sur,
• La Union,
• the rest of Pangasinan,
• the rest of Tarlac,
• the rest of Pampanga,
• the rest of Laguna,
• the rest of Quezon,
• the rest of Cavite, Batangas,
• the rest of Camarines Sur, Albay,
• the rest of Catanduanes,
• the northwestern portion of Occidental Mindoro (Lubang Islands, Paluan, Abra de Ilog),
• and the northewestern portion of Oriental Mindoro (San Teodoro, Puerto Galera, City of Calapan, Baco).