29 C
Thursday, April 25, 2024

CV BFAR opens scholarship slots

- Advertisement -

BAYOMBONG, Nueva Vizcaya”•The Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources in Cagayan Valley has opened scholarship slots for secondary students this year.

Dr. Ronaldo Libunao, BFAR regional scholarship coordinator, said 23 slots have been opened under their Fisheries Industry Leaders Grant and Fisherfolk Children Educational Grant.

The FILG is open to senior high school graduate or graduating students not more than 25 years of age, have not earned any units in college, and must belong to the top 10 rank in the graduating class.

“The applicant must also be a resident of a municipality in Cagayan Valley, for at least six months and should also be of good moral character,” Libunao said.

- Advertisement -

He added that the FCEG is open to any senior high school graduate or graduating student whose parent or guardian is a registered fisherfolk.

“For senior high school graduate applicants, general weighted average shall not be lower than 80 percent. For graduating students, GWA of the last 3 semesters must be 80 percent,” Libunao added.

Scholarship coverage, he said includes free matriculation and related school fees, monthly stipend of P4,000, OJT support of P3,000, book allowance of P2,000 per semester, thesis support of P7,000 and graduation support of P1,500.

Libunao said that qualified applicants will be invited to take final qualifying examination scheduled on 24 February 2018 at designated testing centers in the region.

Scholars will be allowed to enroll at Cagayan State University in Aparri, Cagayan; Isabela State University in Roxas, Isabela; and Nueva Vizcaya State University in Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya, Central Luzon State University in Nueva Ecija and UP Visayas, subject to independent admission requirements of these colleges.

“Fisheries is a promising field that our youth can take advantage of. BFAR R02 renders its full support to its scholars during their studies and after, during job placement,” Libunao said.

BFAR officials further said that application forms are available at the Municipal Agriculture Office and at BFAR R02 regional and provincial offices, farms and stations.

- Advertisement -


Popular Articles