Quezon City Mayor Joy Belmonte on Sunday assured displaced workers not covered by the national government’s financial aid to receive P2,000 under Kalingang QC program.
Residents not covered by the national government’s enhanced community quarantine financial assistance can receive a one-time P2,000 cash aid under the revived Kalingang QC program, she said.
Through Belmonte’s Executive Order 19 S-2021, financial assistance shall be extended to the residents who have lost their jobs or other sources of livelihood during the ECQ implementation but are not entitled to cash aid from the national government.
“We will prioritize persons who are physically residing in Quezon City and not receiving ayuda under the national government’s ECQ financial assistance and those who will not receive any form of cash aid,” the city mayor said.
Those entitled are persons who would not receive wages as well as self-employed individuals not permitted to work for the duration of the ECQ until Aug. 20.
“The order applies to any employment status, whether regular, probationary, seasonal, part-time, project-based or fixed term employees,” Belmonte said.
Self-employed individuals may present a residence certificate from the barangay and the undertaking that their jobs are not permitted work or occupation during ECQ, thus leaving them with no income.
During the first implementation of the Kalingang QC program last year, the Quezon City government distributed almost P1.2 billion in financial assistance to almost 600,000 residents.