From the concept to its structural properties, labor and expertise in construction are a necessity. Heavy machineries, electrical tools, sharp equipment must adhere to safety measures to minimize accidents. Nevertheless, accidents are unpredictable but the probability of injuries can be kept to a minimum.
In the list are the top safety measures in a construction site.
• Wear your protective hard hats as debris, or any falling objects are an ever-present danger. We do not want our heads to be filled with stars much like a cartoon character.
• Clad yourself with Personal Protective Equipment to protect your skin from UV rays, site dust, and allows you to move freely.
• Roam the site with safety boots for scraps can be everywhere on the ground. Six-inch-high boots are recommended.
• Be visible, and navigate the construction area with safety vest in vivid colors like neon green or yellow.
• Gloves are on the go to protect your fingertips or hands in general. This will keep you secure, while cleaning or handling objects to keep you safe from heat emission of the equipment and its sharp edges.
• Toxic chemicals such as lead are on the site. Therefore, extra precaution in the form of a mask is a must.
• Sparks from welding rods are in the zone, also. And your eyes would not like this. Save your vision with face shields and safety glasses.
• We build, not fall. A safety harness could make a worker hang in comfort without sacrificing a life. Always check the locking and cable.
• Inspect, inspect, inspect. Under constant threat of site accidents, regular inspections can prevent construction mishaps that could cost someone’s life.
• Training will uplift. This brings enthusiasm and field review. Construction involves legwork fueled by stamina.
• Organize material storages. This can sort out all the tools and block unwanted occurrences like electric shock. (https://www.facebook.com/officialREAC)