By: Jessica Asprer, Ellicia Del Mundo, Meggie Carpio
Father’s Day is coming up and we’re celebrating all kinds of fathers, uncles, grandfathers, dads-to-be, brothers, fathers-in-law, single dads, and those we consider father figures. Here are some gift ideas to help you say “Thank you for your love, guidance, and unrelenting dad jokes.”
1. Icebox cakes. Say more with these IG-worthy icebox cakes from MLbytheML. Nothing says “I love you” like gifts that are edible and these picturesque, luscious desserts are a perfect treat for the summer heat or something sugary to go with your movie night with dad.
Blueberry Cheesecake, Maltesers, and S’mores Chilled Cakes are their bestsellers. But if you know your dad’s the foodie type who’d love an adventurous flavor profile, the Oreo Lemon Icebox Cake has a lemony-sour kick.
Prices for icebox cakes and chilled cakes start at P240. You can also buy a set of three if you want to treat the whole fam.
These decadent delights also come with free love notes; just send them your message and they’ll be printed out in a chic card attached to your order in a pretty ribbon.
2. Succulents and potted foliage. Some fathers can be quite the workaholic. Low-maintenance potted greens make the perfect desk buddy and are a great way to liven up a dreary workspace.
You can choose from a wide, glorious array of lush greens at Nest Plant Studio. They have pots designed just for your dearest papa. Here’s a plus: you can customize them! View the full catalogue here.
3. Custom Star Maps. It’s simply a creative way of marking special dates and places that remind you of your favorite moments with your father. Whether it’s dad’s birthday, the day he taught you how to ride a bike, your first out-of-town trip together, your favorite movie date, or the moment he walked you up that stage on graduation day, constellations will be your memento.
Astronomia Star Maps can help plot those dates with handmade illustrations of the night sky in museum grade fine art paper for high resolution. If your dad’s a little more techy, you can opt for a star map phone case.
4. Vacuum Tumbler. Double-walled vacuum insulated tumblers are a great idea for practical and sporty dads. You can find one that can hold up to 32oz at Hydrofied.
These spill-proof and leak-proof tumblers can keep drinks ice-cold for up to 24 hours and steaming-hot for up to 12 hours. You can also customize with accessories like a paracord handle, mouth-wide straw lid, and silicone boot.
5. Watch case. Some dads like to stay on trend when it comes to fashion. This leather watch case can carry up to 3 watches. Get it from Lazada before the Father’s Day sale ends. It would be a great companion for his business trips. And leather? It never goes out of style.
6. Grazing box with liquor. Every dad would not miss a glass of wine or bottle of beer, especially on his special day. If you have a dad who enjoys their booze with snacks, treat him with a grazing box. The Table Spread Co is offering a Father’s Day collection gift box with a price starting at P1,550. They added a free note card for every purchase to personalize the gift box.
Each kit includes liquor of your choice, cold cuts, cocktail sausages, assorted biscuits, nuts, premium cheese, chocolate marbles, and fresh fruits. This is also perfect for a mini feast good for two to five family members to celebrate Father’s Day at home. They have limited boxes, so reserve yours now before you run out of slots. Check them out on Facebook and Instagram.
7. Moft stand. We all know how dads like to work hard for their families. Help your dad with his work-at-home set up with this Moft stand that props up laptops, tablets, or smartphones. Its sleek, lightweight, and portable design makes a good tool for better ergonomics.
8. Gaming headset. For avid gamer dads, a good pair of gaming headset is essential to be at the top of their game. Compared to a regular headset, this provides a clear and high-quality sound that enhances one’s gaming experience.
Gamer dads would be delighted if they will receive a pair of gaming headphones with a mic. Apart from gaming purposes, this will also be a perfect use when attending virtual meetings and press conferences for a work-at-home setup. Those who are looking for an affordable brand of headphones for your dads, visit JBL Quantum Official Store on Lazada.
9. Tea gift set. Celestea Ph is a local brand known for its locally grown and imported tea and tisanes. On various occasions such as weddings, birthdays, or other holidays, they made affordable tea gift sets.
To celebrate our Dads, Papas, and Tatay, it offers a Father’s Day special gift box loaded with a mug that says the “best dad ever,” two white handkerchiefs, a glass tube infuser, 125ML raw honey, 125ML oolong tea, and a wooden dipper.
The gift box is priced at P849 with a free artisan wood toaster. In addition, they also have a free note card for you to write your special messages for your father.
10. Fun Father’s Day at home. While gifts are much appreciated for Father’s Day and are for keeps, quality time is always the ultimate foolproof gift. As the pandemic halts recreational activities that can be best experienced outside, there are ways in which Father’s Day can still be celebrated and made memorable.
Having a movie marathon with the breadwinner of the family can be a pleasant way of hanging out. Setting out a possible white sheet as screen, the projector, and building a pillow fort for comfort can create a restful ambience. Don’t forget to prepare the food that sums up movie night. Staying at home and watching movies is a great way to save money from buying a ticket at the theaters.
Games are also a fun way to spend time with mi padre. Games such as UNO, Jenga, Snake & Ladders but with a twist can surely light up the night with laughter and excitement. If boards or card games aren’t enough of the fun, getting creative juices in the way may be able to help in coming up with new games.
Learning A Thing or Two in the Kitchen
What more can good bonding be without learning a new recipe? Or a family specialty? Having to connect with your old man through cooking is a special bond that can be created as food can bring the family closer together. Sharing the food cooked to the other family members is also a treat in doing a job well done.
But as these great ways of celebrating Father’s Day are memorable and fun, may we never forget to appreciate the very presence of each and every father in every family which is enough reason to celebrate.