No COVID-19 symptoms for PSC athletes
More than 800 members of the national team continued to remain healthy and free from any symptoms related to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
Senior Executive Assistant and National Training Director Marc Velasco of the Philippine Sports Commission said this as the government sports agency continues to comply with the protocols of the ongoing Enhanced Community Quarantine in Luzon.
All of the athletes have not shown any signs of sickness and symptoms of COVID-19 following continuous monitoring on them at their quarters at the Philsports Complex in Pasig City, and the National Teachers Camp in Baguio City.
COVID-19 tests have yet to be done on the national athletes.
But Velasco said they are in touch with many of the athletes, who are doing online consultation with doctors and medical personnel attached to the PSC.
The Philsports Complex will no longer be part of the plans of the Interagency Task Force to convert many sports facilities in temporary medical areas for COVID-19 patients and frontliners as it houses PSC officials and athletes.
The IATF will just use the Ninoy Aquino Stadium following an inspection done by the PSC, with the officials of the IATF and the Department of Health last week.
“We are just on standby for the use of the other facilities,” said Velasco.
There are plans to have more sports venues be converted into temporary medical facilities.
The historic Rizal Memorial Coliseum has been added, but officials have opted to put this on hold.
Aside from the NAS, the Philippine International Convention Center and the World Trade Center will be in use starting on Monday.
Velasco said these will serve the needs of patients and frontliners in the Manila and Pasay area.
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.