The Office for Transportation Security (OTS) is probing an incident at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport where an airport employee took a video of the departing Korean pop group ENHYPEN that went viral on social media.
“It has come to the attention of the OTS that there is a video circulating on social media, showing that airport Security Screening Officers allegedly exhibited unprofessional behavior and the unwarranted filming during the conduct of security screening procedures on a group of departing Korean artists,” the OTS said in a statement.
The OTS formed a team to investigate and determine the extent of violation committed by the employee “based on existing rules and security screening protocols if any, and impose appropriate administrative sanctions, should it be necessary.”
The incident happened while the group was undergoing security procedure Sunday night at the NAIA Terminal 1.
Fans of the K-Pop group criticized the airport and its security management after they saw the viral video. One of the fans said what the airport employee did was “very disrespectful.”
“While we understand the excitement brought about by the presence of these Korean artists, we remind not only our personnel, but all airport users, that unauthorized filming at our security screening checkpoints is not allowed as a matter of policy,” the OTS said.
OTS officials assured the public it will never tolerate any unprofessional behavior towards the riding public.
On Feb. 5, the K-Pop group ended their three-day concert in Manila dubbed ‘MANIFESTO’ following their Seoul, Korea tour in September last year.