A VAN owner involved in a hit-and-run incident in Mandaluyong City on Friday snubbed anew the hearing set by the Land Transportation Office (LTO) on the case.
The LTO hearing panel thus decided to make its report on the case for submission to the Office of Assistant Secretary Edgar Galvante.
In a radio interview, Mandaluyong Police deputy chief Lt. Col. Marlon Mallorca said the suspect has yet to turn himself in.
Earlier, Galvante said if the SUV owner again failed to show up for the hearing on the LTO’s final show cause order, the chance for him to explain the incident would be considered waived.
The LTO would come up with a decision on the sanction that would be imposed against the SUV owner based on the evidence even without his cooperation, he added.
According to Galvante, the SUV owner may face suspension or revocation of his driver’s license over the incident. As a preventive move, the suspect’s driver’s license had been suspended for 90 days.
Mandaluyong City Police chief Police Colonel Gauvin Mel Unos on Tuesday said a complaint for frustrated murder and abandonment of one’s victim had been filed against the SUV owner whose identify remained unknown. Unos added that they were just waiting for a warrant so they can arrest the suspect.
On Sunday, the said SUV hit a security guard who was directing traffic at the corner of Julia Vargas Avenue and St. Francis Street in
The guard, identified as Christian Joseph Floralde, was trying to stop the SUV at the intersection. In dashcam footage, he was seen stopping a white SUV but was instead hit by the vehicle.
Instead of helping the victim, the SUV driver ran over him and left the scene.
Floralde, who was treated in an intensive care unit of a hospital due to the incident, said he would file charges against the driver.
BFAR halts ban on imported fish sale while it reviews regulations The Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) on...Read more