AT least 78 children from the Manila Boystown in Marikina City were hospitalized on Sunday night due to suspected food poisoning.
Police Chief Senior Supt. Vincent Calanoga said the children were brought to Amang Rodriguez Memorial Medical Center in Marikina City after suffering from nausea and vomiting.
He said the children suffered from food poisoning after eating boiled eggs and hotdogs donated by an n on-government organization.
Dr. Alfred Garcia, resident doctor of Boystown, said the food served to the victims was probably spoiled since this was prepared early in the morning and was given to the children in the afternoon.
Dr. Emmanuel Bueno, Director of Amang Rodriguez Memorial Medical Center, said some of the patients were given oral dehydration solution while others were given dextrose solutions after suffering from extreme stomach pain and vomiting.
The hospital said all the patients were already discharged on Monday.
The Boystown management said it will investigate while the NGO apologized over the incident.
It added that it would take full responsibility for the incident and vowed to ensured that assistance will be sent to help the children recover fully.