February 19, 2021 at 10:13 pm
Manila Standard Digital
Spotify, the world's most popular audio streaming service, has announced the launch of seven new Original Filipino podcasts available exclusively on Spotify for Free and Premium users. The newly launched slate of shows features content made by homegrown personalities and crowd favorites such as Pia Wurtzbach, Donnalyn Bartolome, Will Dasovich, and more.
Across the seven new shows, listeners can expect to experience their favorite personalities in ways like never before on exciting topics ranging from gaming, well-being, adulting, dating, and courtship, to an insider’s peek into conversations between friends.
This is the next step in Spotify’s podcast focus in the Philippines following the nine Exclusive shows launched in September that marked the first time Spotify has commissioned original content with Filipino creators.
The shows join the ranks of other Spotify Original & Exclusive content including The Michelle Obama Podcast, Nas Talks, The Joe Rogan Experience, and Archewell Audio, and become part of the more than 2.2+ million podcast titles on Spotify.
”We are excited to work with some of the most popular personalities in the Philippines to create Original content for Spotify. These creators, all with diverse backgrounds and perspectives will be able to give a fresh take on local topics through podcasts made for Filipinos by Filipinos,” said Carl Zuzarte, Spotify Head of Studios for Southeast Asia.
“We know that an increasing number of Gen Zs and Millennials in the Philippines are exploring podcasts as a new audio format to discover great storytelling and alternative entertainment options. Through podcasting, people can get to know what makes their favourite personalities tick through intimate conversations covering anything from relationship advice, health tips, or even just a good laugh between friends.”
The seven original podcasts can be accessed on-demand, across free and all subscription plans, on Spotify now.
Between Us Queens
– Led by Miss Universe 2015 winner Pia Wurtzbach together with fellow beauty queens Bianca Guidotti and Carla Lizardo, this podcast serves as an avenue forthese former pageant ladies to share their experiences and talk about what it means to be a modern Filipina.
Itatama Pa Ba o Tama Na?
– After going viral for filming herself while unboxing personal effects returned by her ex and essentially opening up some deep wounds, recording artist and internet personality Donnalyn Bartolome is taking this chance to help real life lovers settle the score or even mend things. Through her podcast, she helps mediate unofficial couples therapy sessions so they can all learn and grow from their heartbreak.
– Cancer survivor and renowned vlogger Wil Dasovich deep dives into the ever-changing world of health. Wil’s goal: to answer the question “What does it take to be a Superhuman?”
The Raid with Alodia & Ashley
– The Philippines’ biggest Facebook game streamer and one of the country’s OG cosplayers, Alodia Gosiengfiao is joined by sister Ashley as they geek out on all things anime, gaming, and give people a sneak peek into what an otaku sibling duo’s life is like.
Huwag 'tong Makakalabas
– Spoken-word artist, film writer, and certified Pinoy pop culture fanatic Juan Miguel Severo flips through his old journals and hidden letters that perhaps were meant to be kept secret. In this podcast, he lets you into his world and gets as real, raw, and personal as it can be as he performs spoken word pieces and shares his afterthoughts behind each story—all in a 15-minuter episode or less.
– A weekly spontaneous chat show with the country’s largest online collective famously known for their irreverent friendly banters. This podcast consists of Team Payaman’s Junnieboy, RogerRaker, Peachy Twice, and Boss Tryke.
Growing Up with Ben and Kris – Close to hitting their 30s, best buds popular YouTuber Benedict Cua and his manager Kristian Somera, now start to reflect on their early 20s and how they can be better and do better as they take on the next chapter of their lives.