The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, they say. For those who prefer to treat the man of the house to a home-cooked meal, here are two classic recipes packed with flavors.
1 pc. egg, beaten
2 ounces dry bread crumbs
2 pcs. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into halves
1 jar (16 oz.) spaghetti sauce
2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
2. Pour egg into a small shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken into egg, then into the bread crumbs.
3. Place coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
4. Pour 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce into a 7x11 inch baking dish. Place chicken over sauce, and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top and return to the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
1-1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 pack taco seasoning
2 cans (10 oz. each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, divided
1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp. hot pepper sauce (optional)
12 pcs. taco shells
chopped green onions
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and 1 can of undrained tomatoes; heat through.
2. In a bowl, mix beans, 1/2 cup cheese, cilantro, 1 can of undrained tomatoes, and, if desired, pepper sauce. Spread onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
3. Stand taco shells upright over bean mixture. Fill each with 1 tablespoon cheese and about 1/3 cup beef mixture. Bake, covered, for 15 minutes.
4. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and shells are lightly browned. Sprinkle with green onions.
(Recipes courtesy of La Germania)