Many travelers today intentionally visit ‘IG-worthy’ spots to create unique travel content against colorful mural walls, iconic skyscrapers, flashy neon lights, busy pedestrian walkways, and scenic mountain peaks.
Only a few hours away from the Philippines by plane, Hong Kong is home to countless Instagrammable attractions such as the new M+ museum, Xiqu Centre, and K11 Musea. Read on to discover other spots you should definitely bookmark for your next trip to Hong Kong.
1. The Ocean Terminal is a great stop in between shopping sprees in Harbour City as it offers spectacular views of Victoria Harbour and the South China Sea, ideal for OOTDs (outfit-of-the-day) and fashion shots.
2. The Hong Kong Space Museum is distinctly known for its uniquely textured and hemispherical-shaped external structure. The spiral staircase is a favorite photo spot for many tourists.
3. Lok Wah South Estate Garage Rooftop is a highly photogenic stop in Hong Kong, allowing Instagrammers and photographers alike to play with different angles, shadows, poses, and perspectives through its unique circular structures.
4. Hong Kong Museum of Art is the best stop to learn about Hong Kong’s art and culture, housed in an iconic architectural building against the backdrop of Victoria Harbour.
5. Lion’s Rock Mountain is known for its spectacular view from the peak which allows hikers to see Hong Kong’s skyscrapers from Kowloon to Hong Kong Central from a different perspective.
6. Repulse Bay Beach located in the Southern part of Hong Kong is a 300-meter-long beach stretch surrounded by rows of trees and buildings, malls, and restaurants that give tourists the best of both worlds.
7. Luxurious yacht rides around Hong Kong allows tourists to appreciate Hong Kong’s many beaches, islands, and coves from a different perspective. Day and night, the 360-degree view will definitely serve as a great backdrop in any photo taken.
8. Hong Kong Wetland Park recreates the perfect wildlife environment for animals and birds not too far from the hustle and bustle of the city. Definitely a stop nature lovers will truly enjoy.
9. The Streets of Tsim Tsa Tsui is known as a shopping and nightlife district in Kowloon packed with neon-lit signages —the perfect background for that snazzy Instagram shot.
10. Flower Market, which is located in Mong Kok, Kowloon, is one of the most colorful places in Hong Kong where travelers can find a variety of exotic flowers, blossoms, and houseplants. It is definitely a picture-perfect spot to add a little pop of color to your Instagram feed.
Hong Kong is truly a photographer and content creator’s haven. From naturescapes to cityscapes, from food to nightlife, from shopping to adventure—Hong Kong has it all. Travelers will never run out of things to discover and rediscover in Asia’s World City.
Learn more about Hong Kong and plan your next visit at discoverhongkong.com and @DiscoverHongKong on Facebook.