Owners of a resort in Caloocan City have been charged for operating amid the modified enhanced community quarantine (MECQ), an official of the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) said on Thursday.
DILG Undersecretary Jonathan Malaya said charges for violation of Republic Act 11332 or the Mandatory Reporting of Notifiable Diseases and Health Events of Public Health Concern Act and violation of City Ordinance 0863 (Physical Distancing) have been filed against Gubat sa Ciudad resort president Rodolfo de Guzman, general manager Aleli de Guzman and eight other members of the resort’s management before the City Prosecutor’s Office.
Malaya in a virtual press briefing also confirmed that the DILG issued a show-cause order (SCO) to Barangay 171 chairperson Romeo Rivera for the mass gathering incident.
Rivera is now facing an administrative case for gross neglect of duty and acts prejudicial to the best interest of the service before the City Council.
Malaya, meanwhile, said if the resort owner fails to surface, prosecutors will decide on the case without taking his side which means the case can be elevated to the court which may order his arrest.
As for contact tracing efforts, he said authorities are having difficulties in tracing the resort’s 496 guests due to the incomplete information on the resort’s guest log book. Only 232 of them have cell phone numbers, Malaya said.
Only 108 guests have been contacted and 72 of whom have so far undergone antigen testing.