The University of Caloocan City (UCC) Accountancy students triumphed in the 25th National Mid-Year Convention hosted by the National Federation of Junior Philippine Institute of Accountants (NFJPIA) in key areas such as quiz bee, case study and dance competition held at Mezzo Hotel, Cebu City.
Caloocan City Mayor Dale Gonzalo “Along” Malapitan congratulated the UCC scholars who bested their competitors from various universities in the country.
“Binabati po natin ang ating mga iskolar mula sa UCC, ating mga future accountants na nag-uwi ng karangalan at nagtagumpay sa kani-kanilang mga sinalihang kompetisyon,” he said.
“We’re very proud of you. Ganun din sa inyong mga guro na tiyak kong nagsikap din para sa inyong training. Congratulations! I know you are off to greater things, patunay ito na kailangang patuloy nating iprayoridad ang dekalidad na edukasyon,” the Mayor stated.
The victorious students include:
• Hanielyn B. Belaro (National Accounting Quiz Showdown 4th runner-up, out of approximately 800 participants and PH Tax Summit: Tax Accounting Playoffs Champion)
• Joemar C. Box (4th Silver Cup Series – Financial Accounting and Reporting Quiz Bee Champion, 5th Silver Cup Series – Advanced Financial Accounting and Reporting Quiz Bee Champion)
• May Joy S. Dadulla (PH Tax Summit: Tax Accounting Playoffs Champion)
• Jon Mark E. Adona (3rd Silver Cup Series – Regulatory Framework and Business Transaction Quiz Bee 1st runner-up, (5th Silver Cup Series Advanced Financial Accounting and Reporting Quiz Bee Finalist)
• Carl Luiz L. Fabula (3rd Silver Cup Series – Regulatory Framework and Business Transaction Quiz Bee Quiz Bee Finalist, 6th Silver Cup Series – Audit Quiz Bee Finalist)
• Alyssa Noreen M. Castillo, Genesis Mae Cervantes, Mario Josua R. Liberato (PH Tax Summit: Tax Case Crash 1st runner-up)
• Nicole Andrea B. Linsao (Dance Crew Champion)
UCC Officer-in-charge Dr. Marilyn De Jesus likewise expressed her appreciation to the delegates and their advisers for extending their best effort in the competition, showcasing their prowess in the core concepts of accountancy.
“Sa lahat ng ating mga mag-aaral na lumahok, kasama ang kanilang mga advisers na sina Ms. Jocel Ann Guerra, Mr. Ronald Allan Macasero, Mr. Sir Ryan Alejo, Dr. Zen Camu, at kay Dean Shirley Saragcon, salamat sa pagbibigay-karalangan sa ating unibersidad at sa Caloocan. Pinatunayan niyo ang galing ng UCC-College of Accountancy,” Dr. De Jesus said.