Advertisement

Du30 gives ‘narco-list’ to military for action

PRESIDENT Rodrigo Duterte on Saturday turned over a more complete “narco-list” to the Armed Forces of the Philippines as he accused former police general and now Daanbatayan, Cebu Mayor Vicente Loot of operating on a nationwide scale.

Showing a thick folder containing a list of people suspected of being involved in illegal drugs, Duterte reminded the military that it’s main responsibility is to “protect the people” on top of defending national security.

“I will give this to the Armed Forces, to the commanding general. I’m just saying that the ultimate warriors of the Constitution, to protect the people is the Armed Forces of the Philippines,” Duterte told soldier during a visit to Camp Melchor F. Dela Cruz in Gamu, Isabela.

“This is the problem. The Philippines has been brought down, like in a runway full of explosives... because of corruption in government. You’re right, including the police and barangay captains. How can we move higher if our lives are like these,” Duterte said. 

On Thursday, the President announced that his thickest-ever final list of more than 1,000 politicians and policemen involved in the illegal trade will be exposed at the soonest time.

“I have this list, it’s very thick. I have a third round, final round. Just think of how many policemen and politicians are involved. If I cannot finish that, I’ll leave you legacy list to take care of,” he said.

Duterte said the list is still undergoing vetting by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency and the National Intelligence Coordinating Agency.

Duterte had earlier revealed on two separate occasions that several politicians and members of the uniformed services are involved in the illegal drug trade, with another matrix showing the links of top officials to the drug menace being run from the national penitentiary.

On Saturday, Duterte again claimed that retired police official and now Daanbantayan, Cebu Mayor Vicente Loot is “all over” the final report.

“Like this Loot, in Region 1 his name is there. General Loot included in Region 2, Region 3, Region 4. What does that mean? Whenever he was assigned [somewhere] he was into drugs. That is what it means,” the President said.

He also mentioned the name of Naguillan, La Union Mayor Reynaldo Flores being a “high-value target.”

Duterte said he was not sure if he will be able to finish his six-year term because there is a possibility that people on the list may have him killed.

“I do not know if I will survive the six years or not. They’re too many. I cannot kill them all. Maybe they’re the ones who will kill me,” he said. 

Duterte appealed to soldiers not allow the country to disintegrate as he warned soldiers not to believe what he called a “deep spin,” because it will “compromise our children.”

Duterte confirmed that the Alcala clan of Quezon, whose ranks included Aquino’s agriculture secretary Proceso Alcala and incumbent Rep. Vicente Alcala, were included in the final list. 

Also included were the Odicta couple, who were killed in a shootout earlier this month. 

Topics: narcotics , narco list , military for action , illegal drugs
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementGMA-Working Pillars of the House
Advertisement