Advertisement

Palace reacts

THE Palace rejoinder to the claim of presidential aunt Margarita “Tingting” Cojuangco that there was electoral fraud during the mid-term polls last year was inadvertently excluded from Manila Standard’s headline story on Saturday. The paragraphs that were excluded are reprinted below: “But the Palace downplayed Cojuangco’s allegations, saying the matter had already been raised in the past and Commission on Elections has already addressed them, presidential deputy spokeswoman Abigail Valte said. “’It’s not the first time that those concerns have been aired out, also by other groups and we, from the viewpoint at least of the administration, the Comelec has sufficiently answered these claims,’ Valte said, adding that the Comelec continues to address Cojuangco’s concerns but she did not elaborate.”
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementKPPI
Advertisement