For parents who balance their busy schedules between work and household chores, every minute counts. Even a brief time bonding with their kids is special.
The rainy season makes it extra challenging for moms and dads to think of activities to do with their kids because doing anything outdoors is almost always out of the picture. With the limited time combined with the uncooperative weather, this significantly reduces their choices in making memorable experiences.
Understanding the struggle parents go through to spend quality time with their kids, paracetamol brand Calpol shares activities that will brighten the gloomy mood.
1. Be creative together. Allow kids to express their ideas through art. Parents can teach their children resourcefulness by making use of old materials like piled-up newspapers or used gift wrappers.
2. Cook heartwarming recipes. Research easy-to-do recipes online and create wonders in the kitchen together. Nothing beats warm meals during a storm. This will also teach kids proper nutrition as well as useful life skills.
3. Play games. Introduce kids to classic pastimes away from their phone or tablet screens. Non-electronic activities are aplenty. Parents may opt to teach them how to play chess, or work on a picture puzzle together. Gather the family for a quick round of Snakes and Ladders, Scrabble, Monopoly, or other board games. Build a fort with pillows and blankets and expand their imagination.
4. Be one with music. Learn the latest dance moves or sing along to popular tunes. Moms and dads can make their own choreography or compose a family hymn with their kids, or play a dance game or two on the console.
5. Have a storytelling time. Visit different worlds and meet new characters through the pages of a book. To make the activity more interactive, parents can take turns with their children mimicking voices and pretending to be heroes or villains off to save the world.
6. Do chores as a family. Turn a chore into a fun activity by making it a challenge. See who can put all the toys or laundry in the basket the fastest, or who can fold the most number of clothes on a time limit.
Calpol reminds parents not to forget to keep their kids protected, as the wet season leaves children vulnerable to cough, colds, and fever. The paracetamol brand offers fast and efficient fever relief. Its suspension formula starts to work on fever in 15 minutes (at 15m/kg dosing) and is gentle on the child’s tummy.
Visit calpol.com.ph or Calpol PH on Facebook for more information.
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.