Advertisement

Camalig's 450th

Camalig's 450th

The town of Camalig, Albay recently held the Pinangat Festival to mark the 450th anniversary of the arrival of Spanish explorers led by Captain Luis Enriquez de Guzman in 1569. In the photo is a float representing Sumlang Lake, a nine-hectare lagoon, Camalig’s top tourist attraction which offers bamboo raft rides, kayaks and pedal boats with Mayon in the background. The festival is named after ‘pinangat,’ its popular local delicacy which is made up of shredded gabi leaves, red ginger, tiny shrimps, salted fish or pork, and crushed pepper.

Topics: Pinangat Festival , 450th anniversary , Luis Enriquez de Guzman , Sumlang Lake
COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Reader comments posted on this Web site are not in any way endorsed by Manila Standard. Comments are views by manilastandard.net readers who exercise their right to free expression and they do not necessarily represent or reflect the position or viewpoint of manilastandard.net. While reserving this publication’s right to delete comments that are deemed offensive, indecent or inconsistent with Manila Standard editorial standards, Manila Standard may not be held liable for any false information posted by readers in this comments section.
AdvertisementKPPI
Advertisement